Current W/E Preschool students do NOT need to register online
(Parents of W-E Preschool students will still need to call the Elementary School to make an appointment)
Incoming kindergarten students must be five years old on or before August 1, 2018.
Kindergarten registration will be held at the individual elementary schools. Please call your local school to make an appointment. In order to complete the registration process you must follow the online new student registration instructions. You will need the following items:
- Student(s) birth certificate (Can be uploaded)
- Immunization records (Can be uploaded)
- Current signed lease or proof of home ownership (purchase agreement/deed/mortgage statement), please bring to your appointment.
- 1 additional proof of residency examples are: employment/payroll record, recent utility bill, electric, gas), voter registration, income tax record, insurance record (home/auto), welfare statement, please bring to your appointment.
- Proof of custody or guardianship – finalized with court stamp (if applicable)
- Current IEP & ETR or 504 Plan (if applicable), please bring to your appointment.
- Last report card or transcript (if available), please bring to your appointment.
- PLEASE NOTE: Physical examinations are required for all kindergarten and preschool students. This will need to be turned into your child's school within 30 days of starting school. Physical examinations are recommended for grades 1-12 but not required.
Edison Elementary 440-942-2099 -- February 23, 2018
Grant Elementary 440-942-5944 -- March 15, 2018
Jefferson Elementary 440-942-7244 -- March 1, 2018
Longfellow Elementary 440-975-3720 -- March 1, 2018
Royalview Elementary 440-944-3130 -- March 8, 2018
Kindergarten Revised Entrance Date for the 2018-2019 School Year
For the 2018-2019 school year and beyond, the new policy requiring students to turn five on or before August 1st for entrance to kindergarten will be in effect.
If a child turns five after August 1, 2018, parents may still request early entrance testing for the 2018-2019 school year through Alison Ciferno at the Board of Education, 440-283-2227.
Please share this information with friends and colleagues who have incoming kindergarten age students.