The Department of Operations and Security is responsible for managing all building and ground operations for the Willoughby-Eastlake City School District. There are 16 buildings and over 275 acres of land that are managed by this department.
The department has been working hard to improve security across the district. Some of the security initiatives that the department is working on:
- Continuing to update district emergency protocols on our cloud based system
- Continuing to roll out a comprehensive visitor management system
- Working on designs to secure school entrances
- Continue to enhance ALICE training for staff and students annually
- Physical features to keep our campuses safe