Starting Your College Applications
1. Complete Applications Online – Through the college’s website or using the Common App (one application sent out to multiple colleges)
2. Read application directions carefully - Complete all parts of the applications
3. Create a calendar - mark deadlines for Early Admissions, Regular Admissions, and Honors Colleges, financial aid –
*Calendar available in your Naviance Account
4. Keep your name consistent – use your legal name, no abbreviations, etc.
5. Keep track of passwords and usernames.
6. Request your transcript be sent through Naviance Account
*All colleges require an OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT from the school. Seniors will be trained soon on how to do this. More information and directions are included in your schoology guidance course.
LETTER OF RECOMMENDATIONS – Pick teacher, coach/advisor who knows you well.
o Provide a Biography Sheet (In Guidance) – including important information about yourself.
o Give Plenty of time (2 Weeks before due date) to complete
o Teachers are able to upload a Letter of Rec. directly to your Naviance Account.
o Not all colleges require letters of recommendation. Please make sure you need them before asking for them. Some scholarships will require letters of recommendations.